Number 1 Ardwick Road, also known as The White House, has been converted into eight luxury apartments.
Situated in London’s NW2 just off the Finchley Road and with West Hampstead its nearest hub just a short walk away, the new development is ideally situated for city dwelling and luxuriously specified accordingly, for the appropriately discerning potential buyers.
Martin Jenkinson was responsible for the development of The White House, formerly a very large, detached family home built in the 1930’s.
Martin describes some of the extensive work undertaken, “we worked with our architects, Haptic Architects of Islington to reimagine this building, with the existing small cellars being extended to a basement level under the whole house, which now incorporates two apartments.”
Haptic Architects, with offices in London and Oslo are well known for their contemporary architectural interpretations and have an enviable portfolio of work and clients.
The White House features leaded flush casement timber windows by Mumford & Wood, which are elegant and simple, and appropriate for the period of the property as well as its surrounding area.
“We have been using Mumford & Wood products since 1995, so we’ve dealt with the team for a long time. We are very happy with the project and the windows” Martin concludes.